We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
What are my key responsibilities?
- Collaborate with the Requirement manager and Project system Application Architect and accountable to the Technical requirement allocated to system design.
- Adhere to Signalling design principles, follows the Project plan, Change management plan and configuration management plans.
- Analyse and confirms the need of required input to Project Engineering Manager & Interface manager
- Being Author for the System specification, System Architecture and System Operations to get customer approval as per project plan.
- Author of the Train movement specification as per the signalling plan and Operation plan.
- Demonstrate the Headway performance to meet the projects/Tender requirement.
- Define the Interface specification for the external contractors.
- Ensures System traceability through-out the formal documentation from DOORS, up to the input & output needs (System<->PRD, System<->Sub-Systems)
- Ensure that all Safety requirements are captured and traced through System specification and System operations.
- Ensures the Change Management is strictly followed in the System Design.
- Ensures verifications (document reviews, peer reviews) of system specifications.
- Participate in the Proof reading of other sub-systems, Safety and RAM design deliverables.
- Prepares project training and user manuals.
- Contributes to continuous improvement/Innovation (RoE: Return on Experience, process, …)
- Delivering the system Design documents within estimated timeline and defined workload.
- Promoting and Practicing the Alstom Code of Ethics and adhering to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Keeping close coordination with verification and validation activities and with project deployment activities, in line with the System / Subsystem Roadmap.
Graduate/Diploma in Engineering (Electronics and Electrical, Instrumentation, Electronics and communication) or relevant
Hands on experience in any Railway signaling principle such as Indian Railways,AREMA, IRSE
Minimum 3-5 Years of professional experience in Railway Signaling domain.
- Hands on mainline/Urban/Freight & Mining railway signaling designs.
- Knowledge on any of the signaling sub-system such as on-board, Interlocking and HMI.
- Worked on Signaling Design / Installation / Testing and commissioning.
Competencies & Skills
- Knowledge on Railway Safety standards
- Adhering to Engineering planning and deliverables
- Hands on experience on technical writing for signaling applications.
- Competent to interact with signaling sub-system across the project team for technical convergence.
- Capability to analyze the technical queries from project team.
- Software skills (VB, CAD, Visio, MS-office and Excel).
- Fluent in English reading, writing and speaking