Purpose of the Job
Perform control engineering activities for one or several functions from architecture to detailed specification
- Implement the development practices and rules as defined in the Train Control support plans
- For its function formulating a Low voltage and Software control design solution that fulfils the specified customer requirements
- Deliver all TC & IS Engineering outputs including Functional Design Description with man machine interfaces, Electrical Schemes and Electrical Products definition (with the support of Electrical Lead Engineer), in compliance with the Engineering Quality Cost Delay commitments.
- Deliver Interface Control Document (ICD) for sub system participating in its function
- Treatment of Change Request (CR) related to its function.
- Ensuring standardization and maximize the carry over or reference function with previous project
- Provide support for Supplier interface test or TC&IS verification tests on PC or TCMS Test Bench
- Provide support during train integration, upon request.
- Provide support during train validation, upon request.
- Contribute to the return of experiences on his/her domain (Software, Schematic, Apparatus)
Hierarchical: Control Engineering Domain Leader
Functional: Train Control engineer (TCE)
Network & Links
- TCMS or TSE System Engineer(TSE) or System Engineer(SE )
- TC&IS project team
- Schematic & Apparatus team
- Software & Validation teams
- Performance Measurement/KPI’s
- Quality of his delivery (included sub-contractor delivery) :
- Functional Change Request “defects” number raised < 75% x (Functional Change Request number raised on previous project)
Respect of the delivery planning ():
100% on time delivery
Level of application of standard Methodologies and Processes:
Closure of open points or escalation: 10 open days maximum
Knowledge & Experience
- Rolling stock functional engineer experiences on its functions or relavent control engineering experice in Aeropace and Automative domains
- Experience in electrical and schematic design activity
- Experience in Electrical or Electronics or Control (Programmable Logic Controller) engineering with minimum of 2-5 years’ experience.
- Hands-on experience in design & development in developing in IEC61131-3 software or using model based development tools like Matlab / Simulink, Control Build etc is preferable
- Knowledge of network topologies and interfaces for Serial, Ethernet, MVB and other industrial communication network.
- Communication abilities and flunecy in English language