Offers reduced diameter, lighter weight, no concentration of halogens and no heavy metal pigments, making it easily recyclable
Alpha Wire has released the innovative EcoWire, which combines increased performance with a minimised environmental impact and provides a perfect cable solution for maintaining global carbon neutrality.
Compared to PVC wire, EcoWire’s mPPE insulation allows:
• Up to 45% smaller in diameter size
• Up to 40% lighter weight
• Zero halogens with no heavy metal pigments
• 100% recyclability
EcoWire Plus offers all of the environmental benefits of standard EcoWire, plus additional fluid resistance for factory applications.
Other characteristics of EcoWire Plus include:
- Environmentally Friendly: EcoGen products contain no halogens, phthalates or heavy metals. The mPPE thermoplastic insulation and jacketing can be easily recycled. They meet RoHS and WEEE requirements for the elimination of hazardous substances and recyclability.
- Low Specific Gravity: The 1.03 specific gravity of mPPE is 25% to 40% lower than other insulation materials, such as PVC, polyethylene and cross-linked polyethylene.
- Better Dielectric Strength: The superior dielectric properties of mPPE make a reduced wall thickness possible, while maintaining the same electrical properties as a thicker PVC control cable.
As an authorised distributor for Alpha Wire, Heilind Asia Pacific provides Alpha Wire’s products and also value-added services. Heilind Asia supports both original equipment and contract manufacturers in all market segments of the electronics industry, stocking products from the industry’s leading manufacturers in 25 component categories, with a particular focus on interconnect, electromechanical, fastener/hardware and sensor products.